I have never bought Chili Oil before! Im sure you can, but not on Texada, thats for sure! If you acquire the ingredients off-island, its easy to make yourself.
- In a heat proof bowl, combine the following ingredients:
- 3 tbs Red Chili Flakes
- 5 tbs Gochugaru, which you can get at Golden Gate Variety, its just expensive.
- 2 tbs Ginger, minced
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- Bring 1 cup of Canola Oil to a boil, then pour over the combined mixture.
- Stir and let cool. Don’t sieve it!
Spicy Dipping Sauce
This Chili Oil recipes is the essential ingredient in my Spicy Wonton Dipping Sauce.
Homemade Chili Oil, Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Sesame Oil, Garlic, Green Onion